The Benefits Of Dry Ice Blasting For Industrial Cleaning.
Dry ice blasting is a non abrasive method of cleaning that uses compressed air shot through a jet nozzle in small sized pellets. These pellets can either be acquired from outside or made on site. When the dry, compressed air comes in contact with the surface that is to be cleaned, the blasting motion loosens the unwanted material. The underlying warm surface then causes the dry ice to change back to CO2 gas, effectively expanding and speeding the cleanup process. The gas sublimes into the atmosphere, leaving the residue that can then be easily removed.
Although dry ice blasting is almost similar to sandblasting or steam blasting, it still shows superior benefits. Below are the advantages of using dry ice to clean industrial surfaces.
- Hygienic. It can be used to clean items in food related industries.
- Gentle. It does not damage the underlying surface, which eliminates chances of equipment corrosion and abrasion. Equipment cleaned via this method does not need to be constantly replaced or polished.
- Efficient. Items don’t have to be disassembled for cleaning, with dry ice blasting, they can be cleaned on site.
- Safe. It is non-flammable and can gently clean electrical surfaces without the risk of causing fire.
- Environmentally friendly. It does not contain harsh chemicals that would contaminate the environment.
- Multipurpose– It can be used for several cleaning purposes due to its safe and gentle characteristics.
Dry ice blasting can be used to lift residue from previous projects such as paint, grease or adhesives.
Carbon dioxide is an inexpensive gas that can easily be stored in liquid form. It is also non poisonous, so there is no risk to the health of the user or those at site. This mode of cleaning is therefore approved by the USDA and the FDA.
Dry ice blasting offers an improvement to traditional blasting techniques, providing industries with a more cost effective, efficient and safe cleaning procedure.